The Iron Gauntlet
- All Qualifying events must use the most current Steamroller Documents for the event and allow armies to be built as per official Privateer Press instructions within said document.
- An Iron Gauntlet Qualifier can be run at any point level (50, 75, 100) but must be published well in advance (see point 3) so players may know of the format well in advance.
- If the tournament packet doesn't have a variant it cannot be played: if Divide and Conquer is not a variant it cannot be used nor any other variant not listed within the packet.
- Any variations/type of events besides BASELINE must be posted within your event page and finalized 14 days before the event.
- If a new or returning variant makes its way into the steamroller package if a new version comes out it may be used as long as the event information is posted before the 14 day window stated above.
- All Qualifying events may not have prequalifiers to get into a Qualifying event unless all the events are played on the same weekend.
- Example: Adepticon may hold an event on Friday and an event on Saturday and the top 8 from both events can qualify to play in the Iron Gauntlet Qualifier on Sunday; this is perfectly fine.
- Example: Random events held throughout the year cannot be played to "seed" or hold spots for a qualifier later in the year. 15 random local events during the year to "seed" any size event for an Iron Gauntlet Qualifier event is not allowed.
- If you are listed as a Judge may not play in the event you are running.
- You can apply for more than one Iron Gauntlet Qualifier, each Iron Gauntlet Qualifier must be a minimum of 3 months apart. Meta Games can run a qualifier in March and then another 3 months from the date in March. Please fill out a different form for each event date.
- All Qualifiers must be completed by Oct 8th, 2023. This will give people plenty of enough time to schedule time off and also travel plans.
- Digital/Online Events are not allowed.
- Events are not limited to North America, the whole world is allowed to apply for events.
2023 Iron Guantlet Qualifier Application CLICK HERE
Iron Gauntlet Information
This year the Iron Gauntlet will be played in the Prime Arena at 75 points.
2nd list optional.
Armies must be fully painted, even if you qualify through the LCQ.
How does a player qualify for The 2023 Iron Gauntlet?
Players will attend sanctioned qualifying events and receive points based on their performance. Only the top 8 players will receive points. The amount of points will be determined by the size of tournaments, with an ending bonus based on attendance for tie breakers. See example below.
Players will be awarded spots in The 2023 Iron Gauntlet based on the combined total of their top 3 highest scores they receive from the tournaments they attend. You may play in as many tournaments that you wish but only your top 3 scores will be used.
Players must score points at a minimum of two tournaments to be considered for a position in the Iron Guantlet.
All tournaments must be approved by the committee.
The top 29 players with the highest combined total of their 3 highest scores will receive an invite to The Iron Gauntlet at Warfaire Weekend 2023. The top two players from the new "LCQ" will be the 30th and 31st players and the winner from the previous year will fill in the final 32nd spot. If an individual is not able to make the event that is in the top 29 we will go down the list until we have the top 29 committed to The Iron Gauntlet, as long as they meet the requirements to earn the top 29 spots. In the event that someone has to drop once the convention starts we will pull additional players from the "LCQ".
If 9 people show up to an event the scoring will be as followed:
Points break down are as followed:2-9 Players
This Years Qualifiers
2023 Qualifiers CLICK HERE
Point totals and Qualified Players
2023 Qualified Players CLICK HERE